Here are a list of resources that we found useful though out the process
- The Rape and Sexual Abuse support centre South London.
http://www.rasasc.org.uk/ They offer counselling, advocacy, and the most amazing support throughout the whole process. There are resources available here
- There are a series of films here about what the process is like here https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-informed/campaigns-partnerships/breakthesilence-film-campaign/
- One in Four
- Rape Crisis England and Wales
- The National Sexual Violence Helpline 0800 802 9999. This helpline is open every day of the year between 12-2.30pm and 7-9.30pm. It is not always possible to get through but keep trying. When you do get through, you get 40 mins to talk to someone who truly understand (and got us through some of our darkest days).
- The Samaritans can be contacted online here
https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/ or by calling 116 123
- The Survivors Trust
- NAPAC is the National Association for People Abused in Childhood. You can find out more here
https://napac.org.uk/ or you can call their helpline on 0808 801 0331 weekdays Mon-Thurs 10am-9pm Fri 10am-6pm
- The NSPCC offer some guidance and support to adults abused as children
- The Courage to be me by Dr Nina Burrowes
- The Warrior Within by Christiane Sanderson
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk